Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Italian power demand up 0.4% YoY at 26.2 TWh in December

Written by 
Rate this item
(0 votes)
Italian power grid, net physical flows [source: Terna monthly report] Italian power grid, net physical flows [source: Terna monthly report]

Electricity demand in Italy was up by 0.4% year on year in December 2016, standing at 26.2 TWh according to data released by Italian power grid operator Terna.

Power demand was also up on a month-on-month basis, rising by 0.5% from November 2016, thus confirming the “upward trend” recorded the previous month.

Over December, 95% of the electricity demand was covered by electricity generated nationally, with the remaining 5% being imported from foreign markets.

In detail, net national production accounted for 25.1 TWh, rising by 14.7% year on year.
Wind generation posted double digit increases, being up by 121.6% year on year at 1.5 TWh. Similarly, hydro generation rose 30.5% to 2.7 TWh and thermal output was up y 9.8% year on year at 19.5 TWh. Solar generation saw a 5.1% rise in the same period, standing at 0.965 TWh.

Conversely, geothermal generation fell 2.9% to 0.5 TWh.

According to provisional data, total 2016 energy demand in Italy was down by 2.1% compared to 2015, standing at 310.2 TWh, Terna said.

Read 368 times

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.